Mind Lab Pro Review 2023: Is It The Best Nootropics Or Scam?
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our advertising disclaimer.
What Is Mind Lab Pro?
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic that uses natural ingredients to improve cognitive skills without stimulants or synthetics. The capsules and formula are completely vegan-safe, without using additives like gelatin. Mind Lab Pro does not have any psychoactive effects and does not require a prescription to purchase. However, Mind Lab Pro is only available for purchase on its official website online.
Using a dietary supplement and nootropic like Mind Lab Pro will not increase intelligence but naturally boosts the brain’s capabilities and mental energy levels. It may take anywhere from a few hours or minutes for Mind Lab Pro to start working, with the average time for an effect being 30 minutes.
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic designed to help reduce anxiety, improve mental clarity, boost cognitive function, and not support weight loss. Mind Lab Pro is manufactured in a facility in New Jersey, United States, approved by the Food and Drug Administration, and GMO-certified. All ingredients and products are tested before being available for retail. The average price for nootropics is at most $75 for a month’s supply, but Mind Lab Pro is a bit more expensive. A three-month supply costs $195, but a free 30-day supply is included.
Feature Product & Coupon
Mind Lab Pro
- Improves cognitive function and memory
- Safe for vegan and non-vegan
- Tested by an independent third-party
- Remedies mental fatigue and calming
Does It Really Work?
Most Mind Lab Pro reviews and information on the ingredients included in its formula suggest it provides a quality nootropic experience. Mind Lab Pro is desirable because it is vegan-safe and uses non-GMO ingredients to improve mental clarity, and memory function, and prevent cognitive decline and long-term brain health.
After taking a dose of Mind Lab Pro, results are gained within as little as a few minutes or hours, with 30 minutes being the average elapsed time until a noticeable effect occurs. Taking Mind Lab Pro may help sustain brain energy and boost cognitive capabilities for an extended time after each use.
Is It A Legit Product?
Because Mind Lab Pro is incredibly transparent about its ingredients, conducts independent tests via a third party with posted results, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, it seems legit.
In the world of over-the-counter nootropics, it is common for most companies to use a mix of natural and synthetic ingredients, hide in-depth information about their ingredients behind a proprietary blend, and rely on stimulants. Mind Lab Pro is a cut above the rest because it gives detailed information about formula ingredients; it’s stimulant-free, non-habit forming, and vegan-safe.
Be advised, that this dietary supplement has not undergone extensive clinical testing to substantiate Mind Lab Pro benefits brain plasticity or reduces cognitive impairment and oxidative stress. Only the individual ingredients used for the formula have been clinically tested and vetted.
- Does not include stimulants like caffeine
- Effective in promoting optimal brain chemistry
- Prevents degeneration of brain cells and improves brain health
- Improve cognitive function, mental alertness, clarity, and concentration
- Reduces mental fog or sluggishness and returns brighter mood
- Tested and validated by a third-party
- Clean, vegan-safe formula
- Prebiotic capsules without gelatin or cellulose
- Available in different package deals for value
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Dietary supplements more expensive than similar nootropics
- Only available for purchase online
Benefits Of Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic that utilizes a host of ingredients to give users a brighter mood, dispel brain fog, increase memory, and concentration, and boosts cognitive functions. Interested users can purchase Mind Lab Pro online only and take advantage of set retail packages and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To reap the benefits of Mind Lab Pro, users consume as little as two capsules daily in the morning before breakfast with a beverage. An additional two capsules can be taken around lunchtime if desired. The dosage of Mind Lab Pro should not exceed four capsules within 24 hours.
Many Mind Lab Pro reviews tout this product as being one of the most popular, potent, and safe over-the-counter nootropics to take. Additionally, independent trials conducted by Leeds University, UK as noted by Dr. Andrea Utley, Reader in Motor Control and Development on the company’s website substantiates claims about its brain-boosting capabilities further.
Why Take Nootropics?
There is an increasing interest in “smart drugs” or nootropics that help enhance brain function using natural or synthetic substances. Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic and dietary supplement composed of natural elements, herbs, and amino acids to eradicate sluggishness, increase alertness, improve memory, focus, and creativity.
Currently, the Food and Drug Administration has not certified any nootropics available for retail but considers them dietary supplements. The FDA doesn’t regulate supplements, only the ingredients used. Nootropics are popular to help students, athletes, entrepreneurs, and anyone desiring a more competitive edge.
Increasing concern over the development of degenerative brain conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and preventative solutions to stave off cognitive decline make Mind Lab Pro an attractive product. Many nootropics contain ingredients that may help reduce brain cell degeneration, reverse poor cognitive function due to aging, lack of sleep, high chronic stress, and other triggers.
Mind Lab Pro Ingredients
In this Mind Lab Pro review, we will look at some of the key ingredients that make it such a potent nootropic. The essential amino acid N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is beneficial for students, professionals, or anyone desiring to increase focus, memory and enhance learning.
Another solid ingredient is 100 mg of L-theanine to keep the mind calm and relaxed. Other brain protection and improving elements in the formula are Maritime Pine Bark extract, Lion’s Mane Mushroom, and Bacopa monneieri.
Let’s examine the benefits of all of the natural ingredients used in the nootropic Mind Lab Pro.
Bacopa Monnieri (150 mg)
Bacopa monnieri is also known as water hyssop, and it is a plant used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. The compounds bacosides and bacopasides may help with cognition, memory, and learning while resisting inflammation within the human brain. Some studies have suggested Bacopa may help enhance cognitive function and memory, but more extensive trials are still needed. Bacopa has been reviewed for neurocognitive effects in older adults, and it may increase electrical activity in the brain for a faster mental processing speed to solve complex problems. There is 150 mg of Bacopa in Mind Lab Pro.
Vitamins B6, B9, and B12
Vitamins B6, B9, and B12 help improve mood, increase energy levels, and support brain protection, health and function. These vitamins are also beneficial for breaking down the amino acid homocysteine. High levels of homocysteine have been linked to degenerative brain conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s. A slight decline in cognitive function and increased mental sluggishness may be connected to low levels of B vitamins.
Citicoline (250 mg)
Mind Lab Pro includes 250 mg of Citicoline, a natural compound found in all types of body cells. However, citicoline is especially beneficial for improving mental performance, increasing brain energy, and improving attention. It also helps with the formation of brain cell membranes, and it increases the level of neurotransmitters dopamine and acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a chemical in the brain connected to learning and memory.
L- Theanine (100 mg)
A dose of 100 mg of L-theanine is part of Mind Lab Pro’s formula. It is notable for health benefits like reducing anxiety, stress and improving cognitive performance and sleep. L-theanine is an active ingredient found in green tea, and it increases alertness while helping the brain stay calm. Studies show that L-theanine may help protect brain cells and overall brain health against damage in the event of a stroke.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (175 mg)
The amino acid N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine helps produce dopamine, noradrenaline and reduces oxidative stress-related memory problems. It is naturally found in fish, eggs, dairy products, beans, nuts, and other sources. This amino acid is taken to treat attention deficit disorder, narcolepsy, and it improves alertness and helps with depression.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom
Long valued in traditional Chinese medicine, organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom is a part of Mind Lab Pro’s formula. The globe-shaped white fungi are edible and may protect against dementia, relieve anxiety and depression, and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation. Oxidative stress and inflammation are contributing factors of cognitive decline and neurological disorders. Some people may experience a rash or problems breathing after being exposed to organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom, so exercise caution.
Maritime Pine Bark Extract (75 mg)
The bark of Maritime pine trees provides an extract that contains proanthocyanidins; phytochemicals that scavenge free radicals. Maritime Pine Bark extract is used for its anti-inflammatory properties and as an antioxidant. It has been studied to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, problems with blood flow, asthma, and even diabetes. However, exposure to Maritime Pine Bark extract may cause nausea, upset stomach, dizziness, or a headache.
Phosphatidylserine (100 mg)
Studies on phosphatidylserine examine if it may provide a boost in brainpower, and it has been administered to prevent mental decline and memory loss. As a supplement, it may help relieve high chronic stress, boost memory, and improve cognitive decline from dementia, age-related brain health issues, and Alzheimer’s disease. The supplement helps support brain cell membranes to improve communication and cognitive functions.
Rhodiola Rosea (50 mg)
If you are battling sleepiness in the daytime, feel exhausted, or lack motivation, taking Rhodiola rosea may help. The supplement is popular with athletes and other persons engaged in intense cognitive demands or competition. The plant helps increase energy levels, mental capacity, stamina and reduce fatigue during stressful situations. Taking this adaptogen was popular with the Vikings, and it may significantly help boost one’s mood, help with recovery, and improve physical and mental endurance.
Mind Lab Pro Review: What Do Real Users Say?
If you are looking at Mind Lab Pro reviews to decide whether taking a nootropic like this will be suitable for you, consider what others have to say. We checked out Mind Lab Pro reviews from real people and their experience with this dietary supplement.
“The best, period. Just simply the best. Yes, it costs more than others out there. Don’t waste your money on other supplements.”Adrian G
“At the age of 73, I have been using the Mind Lab Pro product (two capsules per day) for a couple of years, and found after several weeks of use that my memory improved. Since first beginning its use, my memory and ability to remember and use words have continued to improve..”Gary F.
“Incredible product! I’ve noticed that I am more focused, have better energy, better mood and better memory. I’d definitely recommend Mind Lab Pro!”Jordan
Overall, most reviews on Mind Lab Pro are highly-rated, positive, and worth the higher price than similar nootropics on the market. The most common review is that the dietary supplement presents noticeable results in a short amount of time, improving focus, memory, energy levels, and mood.
Alternatives To Mind Lab Pro
If you are curious to compare nootropic supplements, there are similar products to improve brain functioning, mood balance, and mental performance on the market. Here are some brands worth reviewing.
|Name||Modafinil||Qualia Mind||Awaken Gold|
|Pros||Used to improve wakefulness|
Treats sleepiness from shift work, narcolepsy, an obstructive sleep apnea
Can help improve attention and dispel fatigue
|Helps improve concentration and mental clarity|
Uses natural ingredients
Offers a 100-day money- back guarantee
|Enhances memory and self-confidence|
Improves and sustains elevated energy levels
Helps learning ability and focus on complex tasks
Offers 60-day money- back guarantee
|Cons||May interfere with medications|
Not recommended for anyone pregnant or breastfeeding
|Serving requires seven pills|
Expensive compared to similar products
|Some ingredients are not disclosed|
|Full review||Modafinil Review||Qualia Mind Review||Awaken Gold Review|
25% Off Coupon: 15INSAVINGS
Potential Side Effects & Safety
Mind Lab Pro is not intended to be used to help one lose weight or burn fat. Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic formulated to optimize brain health, protect brain cells, optimize cognitive health and function, calm the mind, increase mental alertness and focus, and boost memory.
It is not recommended that anyone who is currently pregnant or is trying to become pregnant take nootropics. Some nootropics contain stimulants and synthetic components that may have adverse effects on a pregnancy. Consuming Mind Lab Pro is not recommended for use by anyone under 18 because of potential interference with developing bodies and brain function.
Before taking any dietary supplement or nootropic like Mind Lab Pro, one should consult a certified healthcare provider for advice and conduct further investigation. Certain ingredients could potentially trigger an allergic reaction, interfere with prescribed medications, or influence pre-existing health conditions.
How To Take Mind Lab Pro?
You can safely take two to four Mind Lab Pro capsules daily to boost mental clarity, greater concentration, and improved cognitive function. It is recommended to take the first two capsules before eating a meal in the morning.
Capsules can be taken with water, coffee, tea, or juice, depending on your preference. If you feel you could use additional support for your brain health, cognitive functioning and mental energy levels, you can take another two capsules around lunchtime.
It takes about half an hour to feel a noticeable effect from consuming a dose of Mind Lab Pro. Many users report that they have increased alertness, mental agility, and an optimistic mood. The longer you take Mind Lab Pro, any noticeable results gained will be sustained for extended periods. There are no stimulants in this nootropic, like caffeine.
Final Thought: Is It Worth Buying?
Yes, Mind Lab Pro is a lot more expensive than similar high-quality nootropics on the market. However, this nootropic doesn’t include caffeine or other stimulants and helps prevent brain degeneration.
Problems with focusing, loss of mental clarity, the risk of Alzheimer’s, and brain fog can make daily functioning difficult. However, Mind Lab Pro uses a clean, vegan-safe formula using natural ingredients to boost brain health, improve cognitive function, and improve overall mood and mental alertness.
Because the company presents clinical research by an independent third party to back up its supplement and claims, it heightens product transparency and the quality of ingredients sourced. The positive reviews for this dietary supplement are outstanding. If you are looking for a dependable nootropic that is stimulant-free and doesn’t hide in-depth information about its formula, Mind Lab Pro is worth buying and using daily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike some nootropics and dietary supplements that include caffeine to give you an energy boost, Mind Lab Pro does not contain any addictive ingredients. The formula is created with clean ingredients that are non-habit forming.
The use of nootropics is considered relatively safe to consume for adults. However, nootropics should not be used by anyone under the age of 18 because it may have an unintended effect on developing humans. Most nootropics are formulated with natural ingredients already found in common plant sources or produced by the human body.
After taking two capsules of Mind Lab Pro, it takes an average of 30 minutes to feel any noticeable effects. Typically, users experience an increased sense of alertness, mental clarity, and improved mood. The longer you take Mind Lab Pro, the longer the brain-boosting effects are sustained.
It is recommended to take Mind Lab Pro in the morning before a meal and at lunchtime if another dose is necessary. Mind Lab Pro should be taken with juice, water, coffee, or any beverage of your choice prior to having a meal to maximize absorption.
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic designed to reduce mental fatigue, improve concentration, memory, and prevent degeneration of brain cells. It is not a dietary supplement to induce weight loss and should not be taken for weight loss, only to improve cognitive performance.
All of the ingredients, including the capsule for Mind Lab Pro are safe to consume if you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet. There are no animal products used in the manufacturing or formula for Mind Lab Pro.
At this time, the Food and Drug Administration has not approved nootropics but considers them as dietary supplements.
Regularly taking a nootropic like Mind Lab Pro has been shown to improve cognitive functioning like memory, and concentration, and eradicate brain fog. However, taking a dietary supplement or nootropic will not transform someone into a genius. However, taking nootropics may significantly boost brain power, and energy levels, encourage creativity, and promote sharp strategic thinking.
+ 15 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Mindlab Pro (2015). Mind Lab Pro® Universal NootropicTM. [online] Mind Lab Pro® UK. Available at: https://uk.mindlabpro.com/ [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Mindlab Pro (2015). Mind Lab Pro® Universal NootropicTM. [online] Mind Lab Pro® UK. Available at: https://uk.mindlabpro.com/ [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- biologicalsciences (2016). Dr Andrea Utley | School of Biomedical Sciences | University of Leeds. [online] Leeds.ac.uk. Available at: https://biologicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/school-biomedical-sciences/staff/150/dr-andrea-utley [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Russo, A. and Borrelli, F. (2005). Bacopa monniera, a reputed nootropic plant: an overview. Phytomedicine, [online] 12(4), pp.305–317. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0944711304001461 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Tardy, A.-L., Pouteau, E., Marquez, D., Yilmaz, C. and Scholey, A. (2020). Vitamins and Minerals for Energy, Fatigue and Cognition: A Narrative Review of the Biochemical and Clinical Evidence. Nutrients, [online] 12(1), p.228. Available at: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/1/228 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Jasielski, P., Piędel, F., Piwek, M., Rocka, A., Petit, V. and Rejdak, K. (2020). Application of Citicoline in Neurological Disorders: A Systematic Review. Nutrients, [online] 12(10), p.3113. Available at: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/10/3113 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Kimura, K., Ozeki, M., Juneja, L.R. and Ohira, H. (2007). l-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biological Psychology, [online] 74(1), pp.39–45. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0301051106001451 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Liu, H., Zhang, X., Xiao, J., Song, M., Cao, Y., Xiao, H. and Liu, X. (2020). Astaxanthin attenuates d-galactose-induced brain aging in rats by ameliorating oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction, and regulating metabolic markers. Food & Function, [online] 11(5), pp.4103–4113. Available at: https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2020/fo/d0fo00633e/unauth [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- ACS Publications. (2015). Chemistry, Nutrition, and Health-Promoting Properties of Hericium erinaceus (Lion’s Mane) Mushroom Fruiting Bodies and Mycelia and Their Bioactive Compounds. [online] Available at: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jafc.5b02914 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Baierle, M., Nascimento, S.N., Moro, A.M., Brucker, N., Freitas, F., Gauer, B., Durgante, J., Bordignon, S., Zibetti, M., Trentini, C.M., Duarte, M.M.M.F., Grune, T., Breusing, N. and Garcia, S.C. (2015). Relationship between Inflammation and Oxidative Stress and Cognitive Decline in the Institutionalized Elderly. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, [online] 2015, pp.1–12. Available at: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/omcl/2015/804198/ [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Reynolds, A., Laurie, C., Lee Mosley, R. and Gendelman, H.E. (2007). Oxidative Stress and the Pathogenesis of Neurodegenerative Disorders. International Review of Neurobiology, [online] pp.297–325. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0074774207820162 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Maimoona, A., Naeem, I., Saddiqe, Z. and Jameel, K. (2011). A review on biological, nutraceutical and clinical aspects of French maritime pine bark extract. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, [online] 133(2), pp.261–277. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0378874110007464 [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Phosphatidylserine: Cell Membrane Nutrient for Stress Resiliency (2016). Phosphatidylserine: Cell Membrane Nutrient for Stress Resiliency – DiagnosTechs, Inc. [online] DiagnosTechs, Inc. Available at: https://www.diagnostechs.com/2016/08/05/phosphatidylserine/ [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Apa.org. (2021). APA PsycNet. [online] Available at: https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1993-06913-001?crsi=662497594&cicada_org_src=healthwebmagazine.com&cicada_org_mdm=direct [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].
- Panossian, A., Wikman, G. and Sarris, J. (2010). Rosenroot (Rhodiola rosea): Traditional use, chemical composition, pharmacology and clinical efficacy. Phytomedicine, [online] 17(7), pp.481–493. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S094471131000036X [Accessed 4 Nov. 2021].