Noom Weight Loss Reviews 2023: Pros, Cons & How Does It Work?
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our advertising disclaimer.
About The Brand
Losing weight is among the most challenging activities an individual can ever partake in. There are various reasons why one would seek to lose weight including health, personal, and professional reasons. Healthy eating habits and regular workouts are among the most applied techniques for losing weight, but also, they are among the most difficult to follow. One time you might be adapting to healthy habits and the next you might be dealing with a binge eating disorder. This is one of the primary reasons weight loss apps are designed. A good weight loss app might feature barcode scanners, support forums, and sync with other fitness devices or apps. All these tools focus on ensuring the user is motivated to accomplish their weight loss mission. Numerous applications might also offer special support to consumers who follow a vegan, paleo, or keto diet.
This article will be providing more information about one of the best weight loss apps, the Noon Diet App. The Noon Diet app is one of these programs designed exclusively to help users monitor various lifestyle habits including regular exercise and calorie intake.
What Is The Noom Diet?
This is an innovative and consumer-based weight loss app designed to motivate and guide individuals on how to lose weight. Noom app is formulated to help the user track weight loss and it uses psychology and technology to guide you effectively. Also, this health app is highly reviewed as effective, convenient, and ebay to use. It is reliable, detailed, and user-friendly, therefore making it efficient and easy to navigate. Noom app stands out among its competitors since it is designed to concentrate on the primary cause of weight management.
Other apps might restrict the user from consuming various drinks and foods and insist on specific exercises. This health app offers you the chance to consume all your favorite meals, however, it lets you know how many calories are in them. People can lose weight effectively when consuming fewer calories. Restricting sugary treats, and fast foods, and encouraging the consumer to eat low-calorie dense foods are among the various conventional ways used by other dietary apps. Noom lets you much on all your favorite food groups. Noom educates you on the importance of why, and what you consume. It also helps you understand why all that is essential for sustainable weight loss.
Feature Product & Coupon
Noom Diet Reviews
- Has biometric tracking
- Provides a virtual training
- Tools for progress monitoring
- Offers weekly training challenges
How Does Noom Work?
Noom app offers the consumer all the necessary tools essential for sustained weight loss. This weight loss app. This app has an overwhelming number of positive reviews from real users who confirm that it’s effective and user-friendly. This competent and effective app provides motivation, guidance and support to its users. The app is created to help the user track calorie intake and embrace healthier dietary habits. Also, Noom offers health and wellness coaches which are an added incentive to help you reach your target weight goal.
Noom offers numerous lessons each day on which to embrace a healthy lifestyle. This lesson comes with color coordination- there is a three-color food system that helps in ensuring you do not consume more calories. Calorie reduction is a significant and effective technique for losing and managing a healthy weight. The app is founded on three fundamental pillars including a food coloring system, a food logger, and lessons.
The 3-color system shows you the calorie levels consumed. This feature groups food using colors to show you the number of calories they contain. There are red, yellow, and green to help you know the calorie density in every food. For instance, red foods have the highest calorie content. Yellow foods including low-fat dairy, fish, chicken, and many more, are second in place. Green foods include vegetables and fruits and they contain the least calories according to this feature. The app will help understand how many calories from each group you need to take to promote weight loss ambitions.
The food logger is one of the most effective features of this app. Counting calories, enhancing food mindfulness, and developing accountability, this feature helps you align your diet with your weight goals. The app allows all types of food groups therefore you can create a log of any meal you consume since it will help you determine how many calories you are taking. This design is mindful and inclusive of any food group since the app is aware of how challenging it can be to exclusively consume “healthy foods”. You can still satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty that you ‘cheated” on your weight loss goals. Note down every food you consume since this data can be essential for consultation.
Weight Loss Tips
The daily lessons offer weight loss tips such as dietary choices customized to suit your needs. There are durations between five and fifteen minutes that include tasks, lessons, and quizzes that provide a comprehensive nature of an individual’s nutritional habits. These daily lessons are enlightening and assist the user to adopt healthy habits and better food responses. They can help you prevent stress eating, determine actual hunger, and practice mindful eating. The app allies principles from scientifically backed up cognitive therapy to help the user shift perspective about weight loss. Noom app is made of highly skilled psychologists that can enhance your weight loss speed and provide professional advice and coaching on what behaviors and foods you need to embrace or change.
Pros & Cons Of Noom Diet
- Offers virtual coaching team
- Promotes healthy behavioral changes
- Does not restrict consuming any food type
- Promotes accountability
- Promotes long term weight loss
- Uses color coordinated feature to promote calorie budget
- Lets you adjust goals to align with your preferences and need
- Applies a psychological strategy for weight loss
- Relatively pricey
- Logging foods can be tedious
- You must have a tablet or smartphone
Benefits Of Noom Diet
The noom diet plan offers various health benefits including:
Prioritizes nutrient and calorie density: consuming healthy nutrients is important, however, calorie-dense meals consist of significant calorie content in a small serving, unlike low calorie density meals which have low calorie content in a huge serving. Foods with low calorie content are considered better for reduced hunger, weight loss, and reduced risk of chronic illness such as heart attack.
Food inclusivity: noom stands out from its competitors with this feature. Restricting various food types can result in eating disorders or unhealthy obsession with consuming only “clean” foods. This app provides a great flexibility by considering all types of foods in an individual’s diet. The programme has a recipe library that is personalized to suit you based on any food intolerances or allergies you might have.
Supports behavioral change: noom can help you lose weight by ensiuranging to adapt to a healthier lifestyle. Developing new and healthy habits will prevent self sabotage and ensure you do not gain weight. Without changing unhealthy dietary habits, one is bound to experience unwanted weight gain. Noom equips you with the necessary information and tools to create healthy behavioral changes beneficial for long term weight loss and management.
What Food Can You Eat On The Noom Diet?
Noom diet plan applies a daily calorie budget by using its color coordinated feature that categorizes food according to calorie density. According to the noom diet plan, you should take 25% red, 45%yellow, and 30% green. According to the company’s website, the following are several food examples in each color:
- Beverages: juice, wine
- Meats: hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, bacon, fired meats, red meat, ham
- Toppings and Condiments: ranch dressing, mayonnaise, butter
- Nuts and nut butters: walnuts, almonds, butter, peanut butter
- Snack foods: snack bars, potato chips, french fries
- Desserts and sweets: pastries, candy, cookies, chocolate, cake
- Legumes and seeds: soybeans, lentils, quinoa, pinto beans, peas, and chickpeas
- Seafood: scallops, tuna, tilapia, salmon
- Beverages: beer, diet soda
- Lean meats: lean cuts of lamb, pork, and beef, turkey, and grilled chicken
- Grains and grain products: white paste, bread, rice, couscous
- Dairy: greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, cheeses, milk
- Condiments: light mayo, ketchup, marinara, sauerkraut, and salsa
- Dairy: non fat cheese sticks, greek yogurt, yogurt, and skim milk
- Fruits: blueberries, bananas, watermelon, strawberries, and apples
- Whole grains: whole grain cereals, tortilla, pasta, pita, bread, brown rice, and oatmeal.
- Vegetables: spinach, onions, salad greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Beverages: coffee and unsweetened tea.
- Dairy alternatives: soy milk, cashew, or unsweetened almond.
- Starchy vegetables: squash, sweet potatoes, beets, and parsnips.
How Much Does Noom Cost?
Noom diet app offers a recommended plan where you pay for the specific number of months in the said plan. An annual $199 and $59 per month is the app’s average cost, which compared to similar apps, is moderately priced. The company also offers numerous discounts frequently throughout the calendar. Noom offers three add-ons that are totally optional, however, they are beneficial if you want a more customized experience. The three optional add-ons include a DNA testing kit, personalized workout plans, and customized meal plans. The last two are sent your email as PDFs therefore you can print them or use your gadget. The DNA kit is designed to offer information about your genetics and how they might affect your health.
Noom Diet Vs. Other Weight Loss Program?
WW, formerly known as weight watchers, is one of the most trusted and effective weight loss apps that can be compared to Noom. Both apps are top rated and reviewed and have various similar incredible features. They both have recipes, sleep tracking, weight tracking,and food tracking. They also provide virtual and real time fitness coaches and barcode scanning functionality. With both apps, you can sync other fitness tracking devices, and access an exclusive community. They are also accessible with android and apple devices.
Noom offers daily lessons on habit formation, food, and psychology all in the form of engaging quizzes or articles. Weight watchers on the other hand, provides WellnessWins, an incentive program that helps you earn points for participating in various tasks offered in the app. These earned points can be redeemed for food donation to needy families or prizes.
Noom provides its services in five languanges including German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and English. WW can be accessed on more than fifteen nations while Noom is accessible in nations with access to Google Play store or Apple App Store, however, China, Cuba, Georgia, Iran, Liechtenstein, Macau, Myanmar, Serbia, Sudan, and Solomon Islands are exceptions to the former.
Who Is Noom Good For?
To create a curriculum that addresses the root causes of weight loss challenges, Noom has together a team of behavioral health professionals who have studied treatment and prevention of diabetes, oncology, hypertension, and other topics. Noom dieters are taught to concentrate on their attitude before they concentrate on their meals. Today, losing weight the Noom way entails taking a closer look at eating habits, controlling food-related emotions, practicing accountability, and implementing lifestyle adjustments that can lead to long-term weight loss.
Noom Diet Reviews: What Do Real Users Say?
“I am finding it inspiring so far and it gives me focus. I am much more aware of my actions through the day and when being accountable it’s harder to be mindless, and just say it won’t matter if tonight I have this extra Ben and Jerry’s Tonight Dough icecream, because I will have to log it, haha.”Josie
“I absolutely love Noom! They’ve done all the research for you and present it in a fun, interesting, and practical way. It has a positive, realistic, and encouraging approach that makes me want to continue the program and not give up.”Jessica
“I love the learning. Disappointed with lack of weight loss but I do think that will happen too. I am asking more questions about my food choices and love it.”Triona Clarke
“I’ve lost 21 pounds in 2 months. They give you a lot of information to think about and aid you in your journey. I feel it’s been very helpful.”Lori
If you are well conversant with using a tablet or smartphone, then Noom is an excellent weight loss program. This weight loss application is beneficial for helping the user determienthe inhibiting factors in their weight loss journeys. Noom is designed to help the user attain long term weight loss and promote a healthy lifestyle to manage this. Accountability is important when using this app since you should be honest about your diet and exercise routine. Unhealthy weight can result in various chronic illnesses such as hypertension and heart attack, and Noom has features that can help prevent weight related ailments. It also offers recipes and suggests various food types to consume. Noom is fairly priced and has a lot to offer for anyone seeking effective lose weight tips with a few clicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Noom is designed for worldwide usage. The app has millions of subscribers from all over the world.
This weight management app is designed to promote health and wellness. It can help you change unhealthy lifestyle, help you workout more, and boost mental health.
Yes. Noom offers a two weeks free trial.
$199 per year and $59 monthly
This is a personal choice, since they are both effective.
Noom offers a long term weight-loss strategy, however, some users report seeing results between sixteen and eighteen weeks.
Noom can be accessed by users with either Android and Apple devices.
+ 8 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Allen, Michelle, et al. “The Dirt on Clean Eating: A Cross Sectional Analysis of Dietary Intake, Restrained Eating and Opinions about Clean Eating among Women.” Nutrients, vol. 10, no. 9, 8 Sept. 2018, p. 1266, 10.3390/nu10091266.
- Azadbakht, Leila, et al. “Low Energy Density Diet, Weight Loss Maintenance, and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease Following a Recent Weight Reduction Program: A Randomized Control Trial.” Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, vol. 21, no. 1, 2016, p. 32, 10.4103/1735-1995.181992. Accessed 29 Nov. 2019.
- Busetto, Luca, et al. “Mechanisms of Weight Regain.” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 93, Nov. 2021, pp. 3–7, 10.1016/j.ejim.2021.01.002. Accessed 27 Feb. 2022.
- Hernandez, Lyla M, and Dan G Blazer. “Genetics and Health.” Nih.gov, National Academies Press (US), 2016, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK19932/.
- Maisano, Megan S., et al. “Multiple Health Behavior Change for Weight Loss: A Scoping Review.” American Journal of Health Behavior, vol. 44, no. 5, 1 Sept. 2020, pp. 559–571, www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/png/ajhb/2020/00000044/00000005/art00002, 10.5993/AJHB.44.5.2. Accessed 29 Aug. 2020.
- Nezami, Brooke T., et al. “The Effect of Self-Efficacy on Behavior and Weight in a Behavioral Weight-Loss Intervention.” Health Psychology, vol. 35, no. 7, July 2016, pp. 714–722, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5112140/, 10.1037/hea0000378.
- Rolls, B. J. “Dietary Energy Density: Applying Behavioural Science to Weight Management.” Nutrition Bulletin, vol. 42, no. 3, 1 Sept. 2017, pp. 246–253, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5687574/, 10.1111/nbu.12280.
- Stelmach-Mardas, Marta, et al. “Link between Food Energy Density and Body Weight Changes in Obese Adults.” Nutrients, vol. 8, no. 4, 20 Apr. 2016, p. 229, 10.3390/nu8040229.