5 Best Colon Cleanse Supplements 2023: Are They Helpful?
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our advertising disclaimer.
|Product||Colon Broom||UMZU ZuPOO Colon Cleanse & Gut Support||Renew Life Cleanse Smart|
|Rating||5.0 stars||4.0 stars||4.0 stars|
|WHERE TO BUY||
Exclusive Up to 65% Off + Free Shipping
The state of your colon can have a significant impact on how you feel. Despite the fact that many people only have transient signs and symptoms, others are constantly plagued by devastating bouts. Regular occurrence of IBS-like symptoms necessitates consultation with a primary care physician to rule out more serious illnesses. Yet, even in the absence of colonic irrigation, the best colon cleanse supplements may provide prompt relief from the severe digestive symptoms.
There are dietary fiber supplements, laxatives, and a variety of additional colon cleansing supplements available. By performing the legwork for you, we were able to cut your research time in half. We examined and tested a wide range of commercially available choices in order to locate the most effective colon cleansing supplement. Read on as we compare the best colon health brands on the market today to find the best colon cleanser 2023.
Colon cleaning is a centuries-old practice that extends back thousands of years. The ancient Greeks were well-versed in the process of colon cleansing, often known as colonic irrigation. As people became more aware of the importance of the colon in maintaining health, additional colon cleanse products were developed.
Colon cleansing appears to be undergoing a revival at the moment. Recent scientific study supports the use of colon cleansing pills, which are reported to benefit health in a variety of ways. Following careful research, we have chosen five products from the market that we believe will assist you in your quest for a clean and healthy colon.
Best Colon Cleanse Detox In 2023
- Colon Broom – Editor’s Choice
- UMZU ZuPOO Colon Cleanse & Gut Support – Best Colon Cleanse for Fast Results
- Renew Life Cleanse Smart – Best Colon Cleanser With Probiotics For Cancer Prevention
- Health Plus Super Colon Cleanse – Best Colon Cleanse Pills
- Microbiome Plus Colon Cleanse & Detox – Best Colon and Gut Best Colon Cleanse For Men and Women
Are Cleanse Detox Supplements Helpful?
Proponents of colon cleansing assert that ailments such as arthritis and hypertension can be traced back to a slow digestive tract and that a thorough colon cleanse can be beneficial. They contend that colon cleansing can enhance health by eliminating pollutants, restoring energy, boosting the immune system as well as possibly lowering colon cancer risks. Yet, there is no scientific proof that colon cleansing is helpful.
Best Colon Cleanse Detox In 2023
Exclusive Up to 65% Off + Free Shipping
Constipation and other comparable conditions can have a significant impact on one’s life. Colon Broom is an all-natural product that can help improve digestion and intestinal health over time, lowering the chance of unpleasant digestive disorders like bloating and gas.
- Regulates and improves bowel movements
- All-natural ingredients
- Higher-priced compared to other fiber supplements
Colon Broom is unlike any other product on the market since it contains all of the nutrients and fiber needed to keep your colon healthy. Taking this colon cleanse supplement on a daily basis will increase your fiber intake, help you maintain a healthy blood pressure, and eliminate the need for an artificial colon cleanse. Vegans and anyone with dietary limitations, such as gluten-free or lactose-intolerant people, should seriously consider purchasing this item, which costs $27.99 and comes highly recommended.
UMZU ZuPOO Colon Cleanse & Gut Support
zuPOO is intended to cleanse the colon and aid the digestive system. The pill not only helps to decongest the colon, but it also cleanses the blood and generally improves the digestive tract.
- Organic, all-natural ingredients
- Supports weight loss
- 60-day Moneyback guarantee
- Not vegan-friendly
The zuPOO supplement from UMZU is marketed as a multipurpose gut supplement and colon cleanser. The UMZU zuPOO cleanse supplement is a combination of all-natural ingredients that cleanse the colon and digestive tract. Some users report it helped them lose weight while eliminating gas, bloating, and other digestive difficulties.
Not only does the supplement aid in decongesting the colon, but it also cleanses the blood and improves the digestive tract in general.
At the time of writing, a bottle of zuPOO may be purchased on UMZU.com for approximately $35. Thus, this is a one-time purchase. Those who opt to subscribe will ultimately save more money.
Renew Life CleanseSmart
Renew Life CleanseSMART detoxifies the entire body by concentrating on the liver and colon. Cleanse SMART is essential for healthy bowel function and decreased constipation.
- Soy and gluten free formula
- Pure all-natural ingredients
- Helps reduce bloating
- According to some of the customers, the formula was altered
If you have occasional constipation yet want to maintain your health, consider Renew Life Cleanse Smart, a complete body and colon cleanse. This 30-day, two-part herbal cleaning regimen is excellent for both men and women since it encourages regular bowel movements and helps the body expel waste naturally. It is not only convenient, but it also does not contain gluten or soy. The result of CleanseSmart is that it can make you feel more buoyant, happy, and energized, making you feel better prepared to face the day. The average price for the Renew Life Cleanse is $34.99.
Health Plus Super Colon Cleanse
Health Plus Super Colon Cleanse contains traditional Indian and Chilean herbs such as senna leaf (which serves as a stimulant to the intestines) and Psyllium Husk, which is a form of soluble fiber. It may help with occasional constipation, detoxification, and nutrition.
- Soy and gluten free
- Supports gut health
- Helps with occasional constipation
- Shipment to locations such as Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories is not free.
The initial concept behind Super Colon Cleanse was that everyone should have a comprehensive colon cleanse every few months. Super Colon Cleansing solutions blend senna, a natural stimulant, with other beneficial herbs and bacteria to improve digestion at every step. This all-natural combination has been shown to be beneficial for occasional constipation, light interior cleansing, toxin elimination, nutrient absorption improvement, and fluid balance restoration. Super Colon Cleansing costs an average of $10.99.
Microbiome Plus Colon Cleanse & Detox
The Microbiome Plus Colon Cleanse brand has become well-known in the wellness market. Its natural ingredients have been shown to promote a healthy colon without the use of synthetic ingredients, and this claim is supported by a number of studies.
- Promotes gut health
- Powerful and gentle detoxification
- Supports weight loss
- Not for pregnant women or those trying to conceive
The Microbiome Plus+ Colon Cleanse and Detox can help you feel like yourself again by lowering or eliminating unpleasant health conditions. The herbal and plant-based composition is meant to assist the body in eliminating toxins in a natural and safe manner. In order to absorb minerals and vitamins to their full capacity, it is vital to eliminate potentially dangerous chemicals as quickly as possible. The Microbiome Plus cleanse supplement might help you experience the benefits of a healthy digestive system.
What Is A Colon Cleanser?
A colon cleanser might aid people who need a little additional help emptying out their colon. By emptying out your system and resetting your gastrointestinal tract, this approach can aid with digestive ailments such as constipation and indigestion.
How Does Colon Cleanser Work?
Home colon cleansers often contain all-natural ingredients that increase the frequency of your bowel movements. If you follow the directions, drink plenty of water, and eat nutritious, well-balanced meals, you should begin to feel better fairly fast.
Some colon cleansers are used on an “as needed” basis, which means the capsules are only taken when necessary and kept down until a bowel movement occurs. Some require about a two-week course of treatment for a full cleanse.
To obtain the best results from these cleanses, you must take capsules everyday (and often multiple times a day) for the duration prescribed for the cleanse. Several manufactures recommend cleansing every two to three months.
Within a few hours to a few days of taking the capsules, your digestive system should begin to improve. Several cleansers must first induce gas or bloating in order to pass stool. Your doctor may prescribe an additional dose or increase your present one if you haven’t bowelled in several days. Follow the instructions at all times.
Benefits Of Colon Cleanser Supplements
Neither natural nor artificial colon cleanses have been proven for any positive effects. Proponents of colon cleansing, however, assert that colon cleanser pills may offer numerous health benefits, including:
- Strengthened immunity
- Decreased risk of disease
- Decreased inflammation
- Alleviated constipation
- Enhanced nutrient and vitamin absorption
- Increased energy
- Enhanced mental health
- Aided weight loss
- Enhanced general health
Potential Side Effects
Even if a supplement is all-natural, it doesn’t mean it’s risk-free to take. The potential benefits of a natural colon cleanse unquestionably outweigh any possible risks. However, there is some evidence that regular usage of colon cleanse pills, especially for an extended period of time, can have major side effects. The loss of healthy gut bacteria, dehydration, and an imbalance in electrolytes are some of the associated risks.
How To Choose The Best Colon Cleanse Supplements
Ingredients in a good colon cleanser are both healthy and safe. Always ensure the products contain psyllium husk, senna leaf, fennel seed, and other healthy herbs.
Several colon cleanser supplement businesses exaggerate their claims, saying that they can help you lose 10 pounds or more in a week or less. This is untrue. Avoid supplements that use deceptive advertisement strategies.
How often to take a supplement depends on its cost. Before buying, compare the supplement’s efficacy to its price.
Toxins & Artificial Additives
Get a colon cleanser to eliminate pollutants, not to distribute them. Certain colon cleansing pills may contain artificial colors, tastes, and other potentially harmful ingredients that can clog your intestines and overload your body. Avoid them at all costs!
While trying to decide which colon cleansing product or supplement to use, it’s crucial to keep safety in mind. You should double-check the product’s components to ensure that it is free of anything that could trigger an allergic reaction before consuming it.
Knowing the Manufacturer of the Colon cleansing pills is important for your health.
Money Back Guarantee
The best manufacturer should provide comprehensive warranties. Leading colon cleansers provide money-back guarantees for 180 days, giving you six months to test the formula. Some colon cleaners only offer partial returns.
Does Colon Cleansing Help To Lose Weight?
Colon cleansers market themselves as risk-free solutions that can be used to perform a full-body detox with no side effects. Regularly using a cleanser has been shown to improve digestive health, normalize bowel movements, increase energy, and aid in weight loss.
Colon cleansers are thought to help some people lose weight because they assist get rid of extra water and bloat. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that this approach of weight loss is safe or successful.
Are Colon Cleanser Supplements Safe?
When used properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, colon cleansers pose no major risk to healthy individuals. However, prior to beginning the usage of any new supplement, it is vital to consult with your primary care physician, as they are most suited to provide personalized advice tailored to your specific needs. After selecting a colon cleanser, you should ask your doctor about the product’s ingredients to evaluate whether or not it is safe for you to use.
Comparing the benefits and drawbacks of five different colon cleansing solutions above shows that, despite sharing many of the same fundamental ingredients, they are all very different.
After extensive research and testing, Colon Broom was discovered to be superior than competing products. It is the best alternative for controlling your digestive system because it has no artificial ingredients and regularly performs well.
Obviously, colon cleansing tablets alone will not ensure a pristine digestive system. Before beginning a colon cleanse, consult your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Colon cleanse supplements are fiber and other dietary supplements advertised with the promise of emptying the colon of toxic waste and poisons.
Experts cannot agree on whether or not colon cleanse supplements are effective, and further research is required to settle the issue.
Colon cleansing products improve digestion, regularity, and bloating.
Dehydration, diarrhea, and electrolyte imbalances might result with uncontrolled colon cleanse use.
Colon cleansing products are not scientifically proven to help lose weight.
When used appropriately, colon cleansing pills are safe, but see a doctor first.
There is no proof that colon cleanse supplements are beneficial to skin health.
Colon cleanse supplements are sold in health food stores, drugstores, and online.
+ 11 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Patel, N. and Shackelford, K. (2022). Irritable Bowel Syndrome. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK534810/#:~:text=IBS%20typically%20consists%20of%20abdominal,%5B3%5D.
- Teich, N., Klecker, C., Klugmann, T. and Dietel, P. (2022). Bowel preparation prior to colonoscopy with a new colonic irrigation device: Results of a prospective observational study. Endoscopy International Open, [online] 10(07), pp.E971–E977. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9286771/
- Jalanka, J., Salonen, A., Salojärvi, J., Ritari, J., Immonen, O., Marciani, L., Gowland, P., Hoad, C., Garsed, K., Lam, C., Palva, A., Spiller, R.C. and de Vos, W.M. (2014). Effects of bowel cleansing on the intestinal microbiota. Gut, [online] 64(10), pp.1562–1568. Available at: https://gut.bmj.com/content/64/10/1562.long
- Horne S (2016). Colon cleansing: a popular, but misunderstood natural therapy. Journal of herbal pharmacotherapy, [online] 6(2). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17182488/
- Jalanka, J., Major, G., Murray, K., Singh, G., Nowak, A., Kurtz, C., Silos-Santiago, I., Johnston, J., de Vos, W. and Spiller, R. (2019). The Effect of Psyllium Husk on Intestinal Microbiota in Constipated Patients and Healthy Controls. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, [online] 20(2), p.433. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6358997/
- Mayo Clinic. (2022). What you should know about colon cleansing. [online] Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/colon-cleansing/faq-20058435#:~:text=They%20believe%20that%20colon%20cleansing,or%20is%20beneficial%20at%20all.
- Jung, S.-J., Kim, W.-L., Park, B.-H., Lee, S.-O. and Chae, S.-W. (2020). Effect of toxic trace element detoxification, body fat reduction following four-week intake of the Wellnessup diet: a three-arm, randomized clinical trial. Nutrition & Metabolism, [online] 17(1). Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7310262/
- Restellini, S., Kherad, O., Bessissow, T., Ménard, C., Martel, M., Taheri Tanjani, M., Lakatos, P.L. and Barkun, A.N. (2017). Systematic review and meta-analysis of colon cleansing preparations in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. World Journal of Gastroenterology, [online] 23(32), p.5994. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5583585/
- Ali, R., Irfan, M., Akram, U., Vaince, M., Hassan, K., Maqsood, A., Aslam, A., Amaan, N., Qamar, A. and Memon, S. (2021). Efficacy of Natural Formulation Containing Activated Charcoal, Calcium Sennosides, Peppermint Oil, Fennel Oil, Rhubarb Extract, and Purified Sulfur (Nucarb®) in Relieving Constipation. Cureus. [online] Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8555919/
- NCCIH. (2015). ‘Detoxes’ and ‘Cleanses’: What You Need To Know. [online] Available at: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/detoxes-and-cleanses-what-you-need-to-know
- Beck, D. (2010). Bowel Preparation for Colonoscopy. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery, [online] 23(01), pp.010–013. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2850161/