Best CBD Oils For Arthritis & Joint Pain: Top 5 CBD Brands Reviewed 2023
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our advertising disclaimer.
|WHERE TO BUY||
40% Off Exclusive Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
40% Off Exclusive Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
15% Off Exclusive Coupon: SHADED
Arthritis  is known as the chronic or acute inflammation of the joints. The arthritis symptoms include stiffness of the joint, pain and nerve damage, reduced range of mobility, and deformity of the joint. One must note that joint pain, also called arthralgia, may or may that doesn’t associate with arthritis. The most common form of arthritis is degenerative arthritis or osteoarthritis, which is non-inflammatory.
Inflammatory arthritis can typically associate with autoimmune diseases such as myositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, inflammatory bowel disease, and Sjogren syndrome. Approximately 30% of the American population demonstrates arthritis on imaging, with the onset increasing as a person grows older.
While pain management medications  are widely used for alleviation of osteoarthritis pain, these are associated with several adverse effects. Cannabidiol  or CBD is derived from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is a psychoactive compound, which has potential pain management properties. CBD does not prevent hyperalgesia, rather it reduces mechanical hyperalgesia and has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Cannabis or hemp seed oil as well as hemp-derived CBD products that we can use both orally and topically.
5 Best CBD Oils for Arthritis & Joint Pain In 2023
- CBDfx – Editor’s Choice
- Spruce CBD – Best CBD Oils for Anxiety and Depression
- CBD Pure – Best Value
- Medterra CBD Oil – Best Pure CBD
- Joy Organics – Best THC-Free
Features Of The Best CBD Oils for Arthritis & Joint Pain
The CBDfx formula for muscle and joint pain comprises broad-spectrum CBD along with caffeine and white willow bark. The formulation also contains menthol so as to provide a cooling effect in the area of joint and muscle pain. CBDfx vegan and cruelty-free formulation make the product usable by both vegan and non-vegan individuals. The CBDfx formula for muscle and joint pain is available in different strengths including 500 mg, 3000 mg, and 1000 mg formulations.
The use of natural pain relievers in topical CBD products including white willow bark, caffeine, and broad-spectrum CBD make the product safe and free of any adverse effects. The topical formulation provides temporary pain relief and does not leave a greasy effect after topical application. This formulation provides long-lasting relief from joint and muscle pain as well as alleviates discomfort.
5 Best CBD Oil for Arthritis Reviewed 2023
40% Off Exclusive Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
The CBDfx muscle and joint pain relief formulation is enriched with naturally derived pain-relieving ingredients which provide long-term pain relief. It has a solvent-free and cruelty-free composition and absorbs rapidly into the skin, providing prompt pain-relieving effects.
- Vegan and cruelty-free formulation
- CBD oil derived from organically grown hemp plants
- Natural pain reliever with minimal side effects
- A wide range of products to choose from
- Residual solvent may be found in CBDfx formulation, which should have been removed during the CO2 extraction process
The CBDfx muscle and joint pain relief formulation absorbs into the skin rapidly and acts on deeper tissues including muscles and joints. Unlike other pain relief topical formulations, it does not leave a greasy after-effect or an unpleasant smell. The ingredient profile is a blend of menthol, white willow bark, broad-spectrum CBD, and caffeine.
White willow bark contains salicylic acid, the same active ingredient used in aspirin. Caffeine treats pain by blocking the activity of adenosine receptors which involve in pain signaling. The icy and cooling effect of menthol eliminates discomfort and soothes muscle and joint pain.
The formulation provides long-lasting pain relief which enhances the performance of the individual, which is otherwise compromised owing to pain, discomfort, and reduced range of mobility in arthritis. The pain relief formulation has significantly reduced the need for consuming aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and the occurrence of associated side effects.
40% Off Exclusive Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
The Spruce CBD oil is made with completely natural ingredients with minimal side effects. The products are available in a range of higher potencies and comprise lab-grade organic ingredients.
- CBD oil contains full-spectrum CBD and high-grade pure CBD made with 100% natural ingredients
- The superior extraction method eliminates the solvent residues and provides an increased CBD dosage in the product
- The product is available in different potencies
- Less potent CBD oils are not available
The Spruce CBD oils are worth every penny, say a majority of Spruce CBD oil customers. The free shipping option and prompt delivery of the product make it customers’ favorite. Compared to other competitor brands, the Spruce CBD oil is affordable with a fair and suitable cost. The third-party lab testing ensures the optimal quality of the product and confirms that the product is devoid of heavy metals, biotoxins, and pesticides.
The users report alleviation of chronic pain and inflammation, the symptoms of arthritis. Spruce CBD oil is a natural alternative to pain management prescription medications. The product comes with a dropper which makes topical application of the product an easy process. The vegan and cruelty-free formulation are the reasons why Spruce CBD oil is highly popular among its customers.
15% Off Exclusive Coupon: SHADED
The CBDPure oil is made of certified non-GMO organic standard hemp which is grown in Washington and Colorado. CBDPure oil comprises the most powerful CBD packed with numerous health benefits.
- The CBDPure CBD formulation comprises 100% organic and cleanest industrial hemp from Colorado, making the CBD oil safe, effective, and high-quality.
- The third-party lab testing of the CBD organic hemp oil confirms that the product does not contain herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- The supercritical CO2 extraction process removes residual solvents and impurities as well as preserves phytonutrients from the cannabis plant.
- Lack a wide range of CBD oil favors to choose from
Farmers grow the hemp at local family farms in Washington and Colorado, where, the farmers and manufacturers ensure that the hemp is 100% organic and does not contain any artificial or synthetic ingredients. They test each batch for purity and quality to ensure that it meets the standards. The third-party testing of their oil includes CBD testing to verify the concentration and quality of CBD, pesticide testing, heavy metal testing, microbiological screening, and residual solvent testing.
Plus, they are a trustworthy name among healthcare professionals and the general public which is health-conscious. They provide high-quality CBD oil and other CBD products at an affordable price, unlike other brands that cost a fortune. The 90-day money-back guarantee provides the customers with a complete refund if they don’t feel satisfied with the result. This reflects the confidence of the brand in the safety, quality, and efficacy of their oil.
25% Off Exclusive Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
Joy Organics CBD oil contains naturally-derived USDA certified ingredients. The brand offers a wide range of full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD products which contain terpenes, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabinol (CBN), and cannabigerol (CBG).
- Uses USDA-certified organic ingredients to formulate CBD oil and other CBD products
- The quality, safety, and composition of the products are backed by third-party testing
- The 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all the products is also a plus point.
- The majority of the products contain broad-spectrum hemp extract, whereas, only a few options contain full-spectrum CBD.
We know Joy Organics for its transparency when it comes to updating the website for both internal and third-party testing reports. The third-party reports are available for every raw batch and finished product. The QR code on each product allows the users to access these reports as well. The faculty at Joy Organics is compliant with the regulations of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs).
Joy Organics provides a wide range of products at a reasonable price. It provides discounts to teachers, medical personnel, veterans, first responders, and individuals with low socioeconomic backgrounds. The potency of topical formulations ranges from 250 to 500 mg, which is relatively lesser than other alternate brands.
Medterra CBD Oil
20% Off Coupon: HEALTHCANAL
The Medterra CBD oil is made of the finest CBD isolate and is an effective product for relieving pain and stress. The safety and efficacy of CBD oil are confirmed by third-party lab testing.
- Medterra CBD oil has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating with fewer complaints regarding the product on the BBB website
- Medical experts are part of the Medterra manufacturing to formulate and develop the products
- As compared to the alternate brands, Medterra CBD oil is affordable for everyone while the brand maintains its quality throughout
- Unlike other brands, Medterra does not offer discounts to its customers except for rewards programs and discounts associated with subscriptions.
Medterra has an A+ rating on the BBB website and is certified by the US Hemp Authority for using the highest quality CBD in its products. The medical advisory board at Medterra comprises veterinarians and medical experts who contribute to the formulation of Medterra CBD products and also conduct research to support the claims. Similar to other CBD brands, Medterra also provides third-party lab testing results to its users. The finest CBD isolate used in Medterra CBD oil and other products relieves arthritis symptoms.
CBD Benefits for Arthritis
CBD  has anti-inflammatory properties, which make it an integral component of natural anti-inflammatory treatment and management regimens for arthritis and joint pain. It increases the levels of calcium inside the cells as well as reduces the levels of interleukin IL-6, IL-8, and matrix metalloproteinase MMP-3 in inflammatory arthritis.
Is CBD Oil Good for Arthritis?
Arthritis is a debilitating illness that must associate with chronic pain, swelling, and reduced mobility in the affected joint. While pain management medications are useful for short-term reduction of pain, these medications are accompanied by several adverse effects. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which makes it a suitable natural alternative to pain-relieving medications.
Types of Arthritis
There are up to 100 types of arthritis. Some may be inflammatory, non-inflammatory, or autoimmune. An osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis, characterized by the wear and tear of joints. Osteoarthritis involves the degeneration of the cartilage followed by bone damage at the joint. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune form of arthritis that involves the degeneration of cartilage. The autoimmune and inflammatory responses trigger in response to environmental stimuli. Septic arthritis is another form of arthritis which characterize by the inflammatory response to a bacterial infection. The most common organism responsible for septic arthritis is Staphylococcus aureus. Gout is another form of arthritis with associating with needle-shaped crystals of monosodium urate.
How CBD Oil Helps with Arthritis
The topical application of CBD oil or ingestion of oral CBD capsules and CBD gummies has numerous health benefits including alleviation of pain in arthritis and management of pain-related behaviors. The transdermal cannabinoid reduces inflammation by decreasing the production and release of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as IL-6, IL-8, and MMP-3. This ultimately relieves pain for longer periods, eliminates discomfort, and improves the quality of life.
The CBDfx formulation, CBD cream, for muscle and joint pain also contains caffeine and white willow bark which alleviate pain by blocking the activity of the adenosine receptors.
Does CBD Have Side Effects?
Commonly reported side effects of CBD include tiredness, appetite changes, weight changes, and diarrhea. CBD can also interact with other medications.
How To Choose The Best CBD Oils for Joint Pain
The selection of CBD oil depends on the personal preference of the consumer, however, certain products cater to certain health problems. We also determine the selection of CBD oil by the tolerable and desirable strength of the CBD oil.
While some people opt for CBD oil with a greater CBD concentration, others settle for CBD oils with lesser CBD content. Before buying CBD oil and using it, one must consult a physician about any possible drug interactions.
How To Use a CBD Oil for Joint Pain
While you can ingest CBD, you can also apply CBD oil and other formulations topically to the affected joint area. MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) carrier oil facilitates the absorption of CBD products into the skin.
The amount of the product depends on the area and the number of joints affected. One shall take the suitable concentration of CBD oil and massage it onto the skin to alleviate pain and discomfort. You can see the best results when you apply the product three to four times to the affected area each day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes. Consistent and appropriate use of CBD oil alleviates the pain and discomfort in arthritis patients.
For the topical application of CBD oil, one shall take the amount suitable for the affected area and massage it thoroughly on the skin.
The best time to use CBD oil for arthritis is when one experiences joint pain and discomfort.
CBD oil provides long-term relief from joint pain and discomfort. One shall use the oil consistently for the best results.
CBD oil is a safe and natural alternative to pain management medications for joint pain in arthritis. It is well tolerable among the users and has very few mild side effects such as tiredness.
The topical application of CBD oil to the affected area provides rapid pain relief. The results can be observed 10 to 20 minutes after the application of the product.
The strength of CBD product or the concentration of CBD in that product depends on the preference and tolerance of the individual. While some people prefer low-strength CBD products, others opt for high potency CBD oil.
The intoxicating effects depend on the amount of THC in the CBD oil. With trace amounts of THC, the product is well-tolerable and does not cause intoxication.
+ 9 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Shayan Senthelal, Li, J., Goyal, A. and Thomas, M.A. (2022). Arthritis. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK518992/ [Accessed 2 Jul. 2022].
- Queremel, D.A. and Davis, D.D. (2022). Pain Management Medications. [online] Nih.gov. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560692/ [Accessed 2 Jul. 2022].
- Argueta, D.A., Ventura, C.M., Kiven, S., Sagi, V. and Gupta, K. (2020). A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. Frontiers in Pharmacology, [online] 11. doi:10.3389/fphar.2020.00561.
- Lowin, T., Tingting, R., Zurmahr, J., Classen, T., Schneider, M. and Pongratz, G. (2020). Cannabidiol (CBD): a killer for inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Cell Death & Disease, [online] 11(8). doi:10.1038/s41419-020-02892-1.
- Senthelal S, Li J, Goyal A, et al. Arthritis. [Updated 2022 May 9]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK518992/
- Queremel Milani DA, Davis DD. Pain Management Medications. [Updated 2022 Feb 24]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560692/
- Argueta, D. A., Ventura, C. M., Kiven, S., Sagi, V., & Gupta, K. (2020). A Balanced Approach for Cannabidiol Use in Chronic Pain. Frontiers in pharmacology, 11, 561. https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.00561
- Lowin, T., Tingting, R., Zurmahr, J., Classen, T., Schneider, M., & Pongratz, G. (2020). Cannabidiol (CBD): a killer for inflammatory rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. Cell death & disease, 11(8), 714. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41419-020-02892-1
- Iffland, K., & Grotenhermen, F. (2017). An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies. Cannabis and cannabinoid research, 2(1), 139–154. https://doi.org/10.1089/can.2016.0034