PhenQ Reviews 2023: Legit Fat Burner Or Scam Brand?
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our advertising disclaimer.
Phen Q is a popular weight loss supplement manufactured by Wolfson Berg Ltd., a UK-based company popular for manufacturing some of the best health and wellness supplements in the market for over 15 years. They use unique scientific formulas that do wonders for our bodies. Their weight-loss supplements and fat-burning formulas are some of the best on the market. Their products are manufactured in FDA and GMP-approved facilities. This five-in-one formula is made using natural ingredients that are backed by science to have significant weight loss effects.
PhenQ weight loss pills are made to reduce appetite, accelerate the fat-burning process, and support the weight loss journey. It further blocks the production of new fat cells, burns stubborn fat, and improves mood and energy levels. It suppresses unwanted food cravings and prevents unwanted weight gain. PhenQ can be used as a weight-loss supplement by both men and women. This product can increase muscle mass and also help our body build lean muscle mass. PhenQ provides free shipping and offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. They offer discounts on bulk purchases. One bottle of PhenQ comes with 60 capsules. PhenQ supplement is sold only on their official site.
What Is PhenQ?
PhenQ is a weight loss supplement that helps lose weight naturally in both men and women. It is manufactured and supplied by Wolfson Brands (UK) Limited. PhenQ claims to be made of natural ingredients that are proven effective for weight loss by scientific research. It is formulated in FDA and GMP-registered facilities. Taking PhenQ diet pills can accelerate the weight loss process by helping the body reduce appetite and burn extra body fat. It can also curb excess weight gain by blocking the body’s ability to produce new fat cells. It further burns stubborn stored body fat and prevents fat accumulation. PhenQ dietary supplement also curbs unwanted food cravings such as carb and sugar cravings and helps you stick to your weight loss journey. PhenQ weight loss pills come with a 60-day money-back guarantee and free shipping on all orders.
Does PhenQ Actually Work?
Unlike other weight loss supplements, PhenQ does not make false claims. PhenQ is made of scientifically proven ingredients and its formula speaks for itself in several PhenQ reviews from customers. This product contains a blend of potent ingredients that are known to reduce appetite, boost metabolism, prevent fat production, elevate mood, and boost energy. PhenQ weight management pills contain fat burners that induce thermogenesis and help burn fat effectively. Their five-in-one formula with natural ingredients that are fat burners and natural amino acids can help you lose weight quickly and effectively.
Who Should Use PhenQ Weight Loss Pills?
If you are starting your weight loss journey, it’s best to consume top weight loss supplements like PhenQ pills for greater overall health benefits. PhenQ is one of the best formulas for promoting weight loss. PhenQ weight loss supplements are also ideal for people with excessive eating disorders.
PhenQ fat burner pills can help you eat less with their anti-suppressant effects. It helps you maintain a low-calorie intake. It also curbs unwanted food cravings such as sugar cravings. Furthermore, it boosts energy and metabolism and helps you lose more weight while you work out. Lastly, if you have realistic weight loss goals, PhenQ is a powerful weight loss pill that complements your weight loss journey by shedding those extra pounds. It further blocks fat production with no side effects.
Feature Product & Coupon
- The five-in-one formula of natural ingredients
- Blocks new fat production and burns stubborn body fat
- Suppresses appetite, improves mood and energy
- Free shipping and 60-day money-back guarantee
- Sold only on their official site
- Results may vary from person to person
- Pricey product
- Not suitable for pregnant and people under 18 years
The PhenQ fat burner supplement is a powerful blend of thermogenic ingredients such as caffeine, capsimax powder, dietary fiber such as nopal cactus, appetite suppressants such as chromium picolinate, and essential amino acids such as calcium carbonate and Lacy’s reset. The PhenQ diet pill also contains other ingredients that promote weight loss.
Here is the ingredient list of the PhenQ weight loss supplement.
PhenQ diet pills combine ingredients such as capsicum extract (8 mg), caffeine anhydrous (150 mg), chromium picolinate(80 mcg), nopal (20 mg), L-carnitine fumarate (142.5 mg), calcium carbonate (625 mg), Lacys Reset (25 mg), magnesium stearate (10mg), sipernat 225 (5 mg), niacin Powder (4.5mg), piperine extract (3 mg) that are are studied and proven to help in weight loss.
This five-in-one formula of PhenQ targets weight loss by working to:
- Reduce appetite
- Accelerate fat burning
- Stop fat production
- Boost energy
- Improve mood
We all know calcium is essential for our body to make strong bones and teeth.
However, studies report that calcium can also help in weight loss and reported that low calcium intake is high body mass index and high body fat percentage.
A 2016 study reported that 600mg calcium supplement to obese and overweight college students with low calcium intakes. The study reported that those who took a supplement containing 600mg of calcium and 125IUs of vitamin D lost excess body fat on a low-calorie diet more than the ones who did not take the supplement. When calcium is combined with vitamin D, its absorption is improved.
In a clinical trial on 32 obese patients for 24 weeks, they were put on balanced deficit diets and randomized standard diet with 400-500 mg dietary calcium supplement per day with placebo. And high calcium diet where standard diet along with 800mg of calcium supplement per day, or a high-dairy diet with 1200-1300mg of dietary calcium supplement a day with a placebo.
This study showed that patients with a standard diet lost 2.5% of body weight, which increased to 26% with a high calcium diet and 70% on a high dairy diet.
Furthermore, fat loss similarly increased by the high-calcium diet by 38% and the high-dairy diet by 64%. Fat loss from the trunk region was at 7.9% of total fat loss on a low-calcium diet. Whereas, this was increased to 3.0% on high calcium and high dairy diets.
This study reported that increasing dietary calcium significantly increased both fat and weight loss secondary to calorie restriction. It also increased the fat loss from the trunk region.
Caffeine is one of the popular beverages consumed across the world. Many people believe caffeine keeps them sane. And this is due to its stimulating effects on our brain. Caffeine is one of the common ingredients in powerful weight loss pills. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a caffeine intake of 400mg per day is considered to be safe with no side effects. It is similar to having 4-5 regular-strength coffees.
Caffeine anhydrous is made by the dehydration process, which removes water, and chemicals to form caffeine anhydrous. Caffeine anhydrous is more potent and concentrated than regular coffee to lose weight effectively. PhenQ fat burner contains 150mg of caffeine anhydrous.
Along with this, consuming caffeine may lower hunger levels by regulating the hunger hormone ghrelin. Hence, caffeine consumption can help you reduce overall calorie intake with its appetite suppression effect. If you are having a tough time maintaining a calorie deficit then caffeine is your best friend.
As per the study, a caffeine dosage of 4.5mg per pound (10mg per kilogram) of body weight raised the metabolism by 13%. Which is equal to 680mg of caffeine, and 7 cups of coffee to a person with a body weight of 150 pounds. Furthermore, studies also claimed that consuming caffeine on a daily basis may prevent weight gain and improve weight management.
Caffeine is known to accelerate the fat-burning process by raising the temperature. It further suppresses the appetite and prevents unwanted food cravings. Since caffeine is a brain stimulant it helps you stay energized and focused while losing weight. Moreover, consuming caffeine can boost your metabolism, which is a crucial part of burning stored fat
L-carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid. It is often used as a supplement. However, L-carnitine is naturally formed in the liver, brain, and kidney. It is known to have weight loss benefits as well as effects on brain activity. L-carnitine is majorly found in red meat, milk, fish, and chicken. Hence, it makes it hard for vegans to obtain it.
L-carnitine fumarate plays a vital role in fat conversion into energy. It helps free fatty acids to move into the cells to burn fat for energy production. Its main role is mitochondrial function. Where mitochondria act as an engine in our cells to burn fat into energy.
A nine studies review with older adults and obese individuals reported a weight loss of an extra 2.9 pounds when consuming L-carnitine. Overall, it plays a major role in the metabolism of lipids and in producing cellular energy.
Ɑ-Lacys Reset is a patented formula comprising a synergy of alpha-lipoic acid, magnesium, and cysteine. This combination controls and neutralizes the free radicals that exist in our body and helps rejuvenate the body. Each PhenQ pill contains 25mg of Ɑ-Lacys reset.
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is an antioxidant that’s shown to help lose body weight. Animal studies showed that Alpha-lipoic acid can reduce the activity of AMP-activated protein kinase enzyme (AMPK). An increased amount of AMPK increases the feelings of hunger. Therefore, suppressing the activity of the enzyme AMPK may help burn more calories when the body is at rest.
A review of 12 studies conducted over 14 weeks reported that individuals who took an alpha-lipoic acid supplement lost 1.52 pounds (0.69kg) more than the placebo group. It also stated that ALA supplementation significantly reduced body weight and body mass index.
L-cysteine is a naturally occurring amino acid that reduces appetite and prevents weight gain.
As per the PhenQ website, L-cysteine can decrease body fat and excess body weight along with promoting lean muscle mass. These claims are mentioned on their website. However, details of clinical research are not provided.
According to animal studies, L-cysteine decreases food intake in obese mice and rats. L-cysteine reduced the appetite and plasma acyl ghrelin levels in humans.
Magnesium is a mineral that plays a vital role in energy and helps regulate blood sugar.
A study was conducted on obese adults to study the effects of magnesium supplementation on Body Mass Index, body weight, body fat, waist circumference, and waist-to-hip ratio.
Changes in body weight and waist circumference and a significant reduction in body mass index were noted.
It is a cactus that is a great source of dietary fiber and this makes it a popular component in dietary supplements. Nopal is used in traditional Mexican medicine to regulate blood sugar levels and treat diabetes. Nopal contains both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber which makes it an ideal supplement to lose weight faster. Moreover, the nopal cactus is rich in calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. It also contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, and C and 18 essential amino acids.
Dietary fiber contains various chemicals such as cellulose, hemicellulose, pectin, and lignin that are resistant to digestive enzymes. Hence, this fiber of the nopal keeps you full for a long time, reduces appetite, prevents fluid retention, and boosts energy levels.
As mentioned earlier, the high fiber content in the nopal helps to suppress appetite and helps the body break down the excess fat and excrete it. A study reports that fiber in the nopal has been known to promote fecal fat excretion. It increases fat excretion by binding to dietary fat. Overall, this reduces the dietary fat available for fat absorption and hence aids in the weight loss process.
A study with 14 patients with type 2 diabetes, who were fed breakfast high in carbohydrates. Whereas, another group was fed with nopal besides breakfast. The group that was fed with nopal had low insulin levels. It can be used as a blood sugar support supplement.
Capsimax is a blend of ingredients such as capsicum extract- capsaicin, piperine, caffeine, and vitamin B3. it is a popular ingredient in weight loss supplements. The key ingredient in capsimax is capsaicin, which gives red chili pepper a pungent flavor. Capsaicin is a thermogenic ingredient that encourages energy expenditure. Henceforth, it is a popular ingredient for anti-obesity therapy.
Capsaicinoids (CAPs) found in pepper extracts and chili peppers are known to boost metabolism. Similarly, capsimax powder mixture is known to kickstart the fat-burning process by increasing the body’s temperature. This process is called thermogenesis. This is similar to an increase in the temperature after an exercise.
Thermogenesis along with burning fat also blocks the formation of new fat cells and thereby reduces body fat. Studies reported that capsaicinoid supplementation can help to decrease body fat percentage.
Chromium picolinate is an essential mineral that is popular among dietary supplements. This Chromium picolinate is known to improve nutrient metabolism and support weight loss efforts. Essential minerals cannot be produced or stored by our bodies on their own. Hence, they should be consumed through a balanced diet. Chromium picolinate plays a pivotal role in supporting lipid, carbohydrate, and protein metabolism. Moreover, it also helps enhance insulin sensitivity.
According to a study, chromium supplements can reduce calorie intake, and reduce food cravings and hunger levels to aid in weight loss. Furthermore, with its effects on insulin chromium plays a role in nutrient metabolism. It can also have effects on eating behavior.
An 8-week study with healthy overweight women who were given 1000mg of chromium picolinate per day showed a reduction in hunger, food intake, and food cravings.
Studies reported that chromium picolinate can reduce insulin resistance and can be a blood sugar support supplement with its benefits of regulating blood sugar levels. Chromium contains a molecule named uromodulin that supports insulin. Insulin and Chromium together prevent the production of free glucose in our bodies. Chromium picolinate can support insulin to transport glucose to the cells. This will balance blood sugar levels and curb unhealthy food cravings. Chromium supplements are used in treating polycystic ovarian disorder (PCOS).
Potential Side Effects Of PhenQ
As per their official website, there are no side effects. However, according to PhenQ reviews from real customers, some experienced very few side effects such as nausea, bloating, headache, dizziness, and stomach upset. These side effects are rare and affect a very low percentage of users. PhenQ is made of only natural ingredients and may not have side effects on the majority of consumers. It is advised to avoid all kinds of stimulating drinks, and energy drinks that have caffeine content while taking PhenQ pills to burn body fat.
How To Take PhenQ?
According to Wolfson Berg, the recommended dosage of PhenQ weight loss supplements should be one with breakfast and one with lunch. Avoid taking PhenQ pills after 3 p.m. as they contain a high amount of caffeine. It’s best to avoid consuming caffeinated drinks as a high dose of caffeine intake might interfere with sleep.
PhenQ Real Reviews From Users
After giving birth twice I had some weight that I couldn’t get rid of on my own. With the help of PhenQ I gave up on junk and started eating healthier overall. I saw results after just a week and lost a total of 20 lbs in 3 months! My advice to others is simple. Don’t try fad diets. I have done that with no result. Give PhenQ a try and you will love it. It’s amazing and I am going to continue to use it when I fully reach my goals.April R.
My name is Axelle, I bought a box PhenQ and used it for just over a month. My objectives were simple: lose belly fat and love handles, get a bit more strength and be in the best shape possible! Combined with a diet change and some exercise, so far I lost 9 lbs in 1 month with the help of PhenQ! Overall I am very satisfied, but I feel that my transformation is not over and will continue taking for 3 months more to get the maximum results possible!Axelle W.
In recent years I gradually started to gain weight. Once I passed 176 lbs I began to get frustrated, and tried several diets (ineffective) and to improve my overall lifestyle but without results. I even went up to 187 lbs. Then I found PhenQ and started taking it. I think it took me about 2 weeks to start seeing results but then they started coming in and I took after photos to compare. I lost 11 lbs in 1 month thanks to PhenQ! Overall I feel more confident, I can see my wife proud of my change and I have so much more energy to be effective all day at work and still have the energy to play with my son at night.Ghislain R.
Weight loss is a daunting process and can make you lose your mind. However, weight loss supplements can make this process a little easier. Combine your weight loss process with a healthy diet, a good workout regimen, restful sleep, and a good weight loss supplement. These factors play a crucial role in how fast you lose excess weight. PhenQ weight loss supplements are some of the best diet pills that help you lose excess body weight. Unlike most weight loss supplements on the market that just have a mix of a few ingredients. PhenQ is a five-in-one fat-burning formula that targets the body’s fat and helps in the weight management process. Healthy weight loss does not happen quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on multiple factors including your lifestyle, diet, and metabolism. Each person reacts differently to weight loss supplements. However, a healthy diet, regular workouts along taking PhenQ help you lose a considerable amount of weight.
PhenQ dietary supplements may work differently for every individual. Results may vary depending on the weight one needs to lose. Along with PhenQ, results largely depend on your efforts to lose weight, such as sleep, a healthy diet, and regular exercise. However, on average most users found results within three months.
No, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not approve natural dietary supplements.
As per the Food and Drug Administration(FDA), 400mg of caffeine per day is safe with zero side effects. Whereas, PhenQ contains about 150mg of caffeine anhydrous, which will not affect your sleep. However, it’s advised to consume PhenQ diet pills before 3 p.m. to promote restful sleep.
People under the age of 18, pregnant and lactating women, and people with chronic illnesses and severe medical conditions should avoid PhenQ. It’s always the best idea to consult a healthcare professional before consuming weight loss supplements.
PhenQ weight loss pills should be taken one with breakfast and one more with lunch. Avoid taking PhenQ after 3 pm as it contains caffeine which might interfere with sleep.
There is no need for a prescription to buy PhenQ dietary supplements. As it is an over-the-counter medicine made of all-natural ingredients with no side effects.
+ 21 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Bueno, M., Luis, C., Lígia Araújo Martini and Regina Mara Fisberg (2008). Dietary calcium intake and overweight: An epidemiologic view. Nutrition, [online] 24(11-12), pp.1110–1115. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2008.05.020.
- Zhu, W., Cai, D., Wang, Y., Lin, N., Hu, Q., Yang, Q., Ma, S. and Sidath Amarasekara (2013). Calcium plus vitamin D3 supplementation facilitated Fat loss in overweight and obese college students with very-low calcium consumption: a randomized controlled trial. Nutrition Journal, [online] 12(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-12-8.
- Zemel, M.B., Thompson, W.G., Milstead, A., Morris, K. and Campbell, P.T. (2004). Calcium and Dairy Acceleration of Weight and Fat Loss during Energy Restriction in Obese Adults. Obesity Research, [online] 12(4), pp.582–590. doi:https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2004.67.
- Office (2023). Spilling the Beans: How Much Caffeine is Too Much? [online] U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/spilling-beans-how-much-caffeine-too-much.
- Greenberg, J.A. and Geliebter, A. (2012). Coffee, Hunger, and Peptide YY. Journal of The American College of Nutrition, [online] 31(3), pp.160–166. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2012.10720023.
- Acheson, K.J., Gremaud, G., Meirim, I., Franck Montigon, Krebs, Y., Fay, L.B., Schneiter, P., Schindler, C. and Tappy, L. (2004). Metabolic effects of caffeine in humans: lipid oxidation or futile cycling? The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, [online] 79(1), pp.40–46. doi:https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/79.1.40.
- Foster, D.W. (2004). The Role of the Carnitine System in Human Metabolism. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, [online] 1033(1), pp.1–16. doi:https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1320.001.
- M. Pooyandjoo, Mojtaba Nouhi, Sakineh Shab-Bidar, Kurosh Djafarian and Alireza Olyaeemanesh (2016). The effect of (L-)carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obesity Reviews, [online] 17(10), pp.970–976. doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12436.
- Inazu M;Matsumiya T (2021). [Physiological functions of carnitine and carnitine transporters in the central nervous system]. Nihon shinkei seishin yakurigaku zasshi = Japanese journal of psychopharmacology, [online] 28(3). Available at: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18646596/.
- Wang, Y., Li, X., Guo, Y., Chan, L. and Guan, X. (2010). α-Lipoic acid increases energy expenditure by enhancing adenosine monophosphate–activated protein kinase–peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ coactivator-1α signaling in the skeletal muscle of aged mice. Metabolism-clinical and Experimental, [online] 59(7), pp.967–976. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.metabol.2009.10.018.
- Namazi, N., Bagher Larijani and Azadbakht, L. (2018). Alpha-lipoic acid supplement in obesity treatment: A systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials. Clinical Nutrition, [online] 37(2), pp.419–428. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clnu.2017.06.002.
- McGavigan, A.K., H. O’Hara, Amin, A., Kinsey-Jones, J.S., Spreckley, E., Amin Alamshah, Agahi, A., Banks, K., FRANCE, R., Hyberg, G., Wong, C., Bewick, G., Gardiner, J., Lehmann, A., Martin, N., Ghatei, M.A., Bloom, S.R. and Murphy, K.G. (2014). l-cysteine suppresses ghrelin and reduces appetite in rodents and humans. International Journal of Obesity, [online] 39(3), pp.447–455. doi:https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2014.172.
- Barbagallo, M. and Dominguez, L.J. (2015). Magnesium and type 2 diabetes. World Journal of Diabetes, [online] 6(10), pp.1152–1152. doi:https://doi.org/10.4239/wjd.v6.i10.1152.
- Askari, M., Mozaffari, H., Jafari, A., Ghanbari, M. and Manije Darooghegi Mofrad (2020). The effects of magnesium supplementation on obesity measures in adults: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, [online] 61(17), pp.2921–2937. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2020.1790498.
- López-Romero, P., Pichardo-Ontiveros, E., Azalia Avila-Nava, Vázquez-Manjarrez, N., Tovar, A.R., José Pedraza-Chaverri and Torres, N. (2014). The Effect of Nopal (Opuntia Ficus Indica) on Postprandial Blood Glucose, Incretins, and Antioxidant Activity in Mexican Patients with Type 2 Diabetes after Consumption of Two Different Composition Breakfasts. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, [online] 114(11), pp.1811–1818. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2014.06.352.
- Ralf Uebelhack, Busch, R., Alt, F., Zhi-Ming Beah and Chong, P.-W. (2014). Effects of Cactus Fiber on the Excretion of Dietary Fat in Healthy Subjects: A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Clinical Investigation. Current Therapeutic Research-clinical and Experimental, [online] 76, pp.39–44. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.curtheres.2014.02.001.
- János Szolcsányi (2015). Effect of capsaicin on thermoregulation: an update with new aspects. Temperature, [online] 2(2), pp.277–296. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/23328940.2015.1048928.
- John-Paul Fuller-Jackson, Clarke, I.J. and Henry, B.A. (2017). Animal Models for Manipulation of Thermogenesis. Elsevier eBooks, [online] pp.281–312. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-809468-6.00012-7.
- Rogers, J., Urbina, S., Taylor, L., Wilborn, C., Purpura, M., Ralf Jäger and Vijaya Juturu (2018). Capsaicinoids supplementation decreases percent body fat and fat mass: adjustment using covariates in a post hoc analysis. BMC Obesity, [online] 5(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s40608-018-0197-1.
- Anton, S.D., Morrison, C.D., Cefalu, W.T., Martin, C.K., Coulon, S.M., Geiselman, P.J., Han, H., White, C.L. and Williamson, D.A. (2008). Effects of Chromium Picolinate on Food Intake and Satiety. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, [online] 10(5), pp.405–412. doi:https://doi.org/10.1089/dia.2007.0292.
- Naeti Suksomboon, Nalinee Poolsup and A. Yuwanakorn (2014). Systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of chromium supplementation in diabetes. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, [online] 39(3), pp.292–306. doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpt.12147.