5 Best High Blood Pressure Supplements For Heart Support 2023
We include products that we believe will be of use to our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a small commission. This is our disclaimer for advertising.
|Product||NOW Blood Pressure Health||Snap Heart Health||Qunol Ultra CoQ10|
|WHERE TO BUY|
There are ways to support your heart health in addition to diet, exercise, and regular check-ups with your doctor. Several products are on the market that contain ingredients proven to improve cardiac blood flow and decrease inflammation in the body, among other things. Read on to get in-depth information about the 5 best supplements we’ve found for heart health and what they can potentially do for you.
If you have high blood pressure or even just a family history of heart disease, you might be especially concerned about protecting your health. Explore all the options available to you, and give yourself the best chance to keep your heart healthy.
5 Best High Blood Pressure Supplement For Health Balance In 2023
Should You Take High Blood Pressure Supplement?
First of all, talk to your doctor about supplementation for blood pressure. It might not be a good choice for you due to your specific medical history or prescription medications. If you don’t have any contraindications, then a blood pressure supplement might be something to contemplate.
All 5 of the products discussed here are considered safe and have minimal side effects, and they all have scientific research to back up many of their claims. Blood pressure supplements are a relatively low risk option you might want to add to your healthcare regimen.
5 Best High Blood Pressure Supplement For Health Balance In 2023
NOW Blood Pressure Health
Polyphenols are known to reduce inflammation and protect against heart disease. Research has also proven that Hawthorn offers measurable benefits to heart health. NOW Blood Pressure Health is a high quality product rich in both of these powerful and effective ingredients.
- Contains grape seed extract, full of polyphenols
- Contains a standardized extract of Hawthorn, a potent antioxidant
- NPA A-rated GMP certification, ensuring high quality
- Doesn’t claim to lower blood pressure, rather to maintain an already healthy blood pressure
Even though this product doesn’t claim to lower blood pressure, many people who take it have noticed significant beneficial changes to their BP. Reviewers often point out that this supplement is effective in maintaining a healthy blood pressure without having any side effects.
Snap Heart Health
This supplement stands out for its impressive ingredient list. It is full of antioxidants and polyphenols as well as important vitamins and minerals. It helps regulate blood pressure, improve blood flow, decrease inflammation, decrease cholesterol, and it might even help boost your performance in the gym.
- Contains a botanical blood pressure complex designed to encourage a normal BP
- Boosts nitric oxide levels
- Contains olive leaf and garlic to help lower cholesterol
- This supplement is a little pricey at almost $50 for 90 capsules, especially since a daily serving is 3 capsules.
Reviewers rave about the obvious improvements to their blood pressure after taking Snap Heart Health. People also often feel more energetic, notice improvements in their blood circulation, and have lower cholesterol levels after taking this supplement.
Qunol Ultra CoQ10
CoQ10 levels lower naturally as we age and even more if you take statins for cholesterol, and it is an important antioxidant that helps protect every cell in our bodies. It’s possible that supplementation can help maintain a healthy BP. CoQ10 can also improve energy levels and improve immune function.
- Contains a high absorption form of CoQ10
- Contains vitamin E, which can help lower blood pressure
- Replenishes CoQ10 levels in statin-users
- Although it has many other known benefits, research is not definite about whether or not CoQ10 is effective at lowering blood pressure. Although more research is needed, the results to date look promising.
- Some people might experience mild gastrointestinal side effects with this supplement.
Reviewers rave about this product. Many were recommended to take this product by a nutritionist or a doctor. One of the most common benefits reported is a higher energy level, as well as stabilisation of blood pressure levels.
Gaia Herbs Hawthorn Supreme
Hawthorn has been shown in human and animal studies to improve coronary artery blood flow, lower blood pressure, improve circulation, and even lower cholesterol. It is considered to be safe at recommended doses and has minimal side effects.
- Contains a proprietary blend of hawthorn berry, root, and leaf for highest effectiveness
- Hawthorn has been used for centuries as a cardiac tonic
- Can see the exact origin of the herbs used in your supplement online at meetyourherbs.com
- Hawthorn can interact with several medications. Check with your doctor before taking it.
Many reviewers say that their blood pressure has improved since they started taking Gaia Herbs Hawthorn Supreme. Others report having a slower and more regular heart beat.
Dr. Mercola Fermented Black Garlic
Fermented black garlic is a powerful supplement that can support your health in many ways. In particular, SAC is proven to be an effective regulator of high blood pressure, although black garlic contains many bioactives that improve multiple systems in the body.
- Fermented black garlic contains a minimum of 1.2 g of S-allyl-cysteine (SAC) a powerful bioactive that can help lower blood pressure
- Supports immune function and healthy cholesterol levels
- Gluten free, GMO free, and soy free
- Capsules have an odor that some people find disagreeable.
Reviewers report improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Others experience improved blood circulation and immunity. The high quality of the product and the relatively low price are also appreciated by users of this supplement.
Some people love the garlic smell of the capsules, others not so much. It’s important to note that even though the supplement smells like garlic, reviewers state that their breath did not get garlicky after taking it.
Do You Have High Blood Pressure?
According to the CDC, a normal blood pressure is less than 120/80 mmHg. If your blood pressure readings are consistently above 120/80 mmHg, then you have high blood pressure, also known as hypertension.
Pros & Cons Of Using High Blood Pressure Supplement
- Some people are loath to take prescription medicine and want to avoid it for as long as possible. Taking a natural product that offers real health benefits can be a huge pro for these people.
- If you choose your supplement carefully, you can absolutely find one with science-backed ingredients that will support your cardiovascular health.
- Taking a blood pressure supplement can help you feel like a more active participant in your own healthcare. Self-care feels good.
- Many of the blood pressure supplements we discussed here have additional health benefits, like lowering cholesterol and improving circulation.
- Natural doesn’t automatically mean safe. There is always the potential for side effects, allergic reactions, and drug interactions. Talk to your doctor before trying any supplement.
- Supplements aren’t regulated the way medications are in the U.S., and you have to be careful about your product choices. Only buy from trustworthy companies with excellent safety standards.
How To Choose The Best High Blood Pressure Supplement
What are your main concerns? Each ingredient offers different benefits, and you will likely need to do some homework before deciding on the right supplement for you.
Once you’ve determined the ingredients you want to try, research companies that have GMP certification and third-party test their products. Only buy supplements from a company you trust that is transparent with their safety and production practices.
You might also want to ask your doctor about their opinion. Some health care providers might have products they can recommend.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Don’t assume that this will happen. Blood pressure supplements can support your heart health, but they are not a cure-all.
For most people, when taken in the appropriate doses, blood pressure supplements are safe. Talk to your doctor if you take prescription medicines to make sure your supplement won’t interfere with them.
Possibly. Ask your doctor about the safety of taking a supplement alongside your prescription medication.
+ 11 sources
MIDSS adheres to strict procurement guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutes, and medical associations. We work mainly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure the accuracy of the information. We avoid the use of tertiary references. You can read about how we ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our content in our editorial process.
- Tapiero, H., Tew, K.D., Nguyen Ba, G. and Mathé, G. (2002). Polyphenols: do they play a role in the prevention of human pathologies? Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, [online] 56(4), pp.200–207. doi:10.1016/s0753-3322(02)00178-6.
- Wu, M., Liu, L., Xing, Y., Yang, S., Li, H. and Cao, Y. (2020). Roles and Mechanisms of Hawthorn and Its Extracts on Atherosclerosis: A Review. Frontiers in Pharmacology, [online] 11. doi:10.3389/fphar.2020.00118.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. (2020). Olive Leaf. [online] Available at: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/olive-leaf#:~:text=Olive%20leaves%20contain%20a%20substance,glucose%20levels%20in%20the%20blood. [Accessed 19 Jan. 2023].
- Bescós, R., Sureda, A., Tur, J.A. and Pons, A. (2012). The Effect of Nitric-Oxide-Related Supplements on Human Performance. Sports Medicine, [online] 42(2), pp.99–117. doi:10.2165/11596860-000000000-00000.
- NASEEM, K. (2005). The role of nitric oxide in cardiovascular diseases. Molecular Aspects of Medicine, [online] 26(1-2), pp.33–65. doi:10.1016/j.mam.2004.09.003.
- zaleska (2022). What Is CoQ10? [online] Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-is-coq10/ [Accessed 19 Jan. 2023].
- Mount Sinai Health System. (2013). Coenzyme Q10 Information | Mount Sinai – New York. [online] Available at: https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/supplement/coenzyme-q10#:~:text=Coenzyme%20Q10%20(CoQ10)%20is%20a,and%20even%20cause%20cell%20death. [Accessed 19 Jan. 2023].
- Mount Sinai Health System. (2023). Hawthorn Information | Mount Sinai – New York. [online] Available at: https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/hawthorn#:~:text=Hawthorn%20is%20used%20to%20help,treat%20boils%20and%20skin%20sores. [Accessed 19 Jan. 2023].
- NCCIH. (2020). Hawthorn. [online] Available at: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/hawthorn#:~:text=Side%20effects%20of%20hawthorn%20can,consult%20your%20health%20care%20provider. [Accessed 19 Jan. 2023].
- Ahmed, T. and Wang, C.-K. (2021). Black Garlic and Its Bioactive Compounds on Human Health Diseases: A Review. Molecules, [online] 26(16), p.5028. doi:10.3390/molecules26165028.
- Shouk, R., Abdou, A., Shetty, K., Sarkar, D. and Eid, A.H. (2014). Mechanisms underlying the antihypertensive effects of garlic bioactives. Nutrition Research, [online] 34(2), pp.106–115. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2013.12.005.